Altered Igneous and Sedimentary Rocks are Clearly Represented
- Developed jointly by experienced educators and Ward's® staff geologists
- Classroom tested for dependability
- Designed to save valuable planning and preparation time
The GEO-logic activities in this set will help students learn to identify different types of metamorphic rocks by studying their features and composition with our GEO-logic collection. A teacher's guide and student copymasters are included for the following activities: determining causes of foliation, classification and identification by texture and composition, and deciphering rock history. The set is housed in a compartmented collection box.
GEO-logic is a unique, comprehensive series of teaching collections designed to assist both teacher and student in understanding basic earth science concepts through hands-on activities and carefully prepared teacher and student guides
The GEO-logic system provides a modular approach to teaching and allows you to address broad curriculum needs for the study of minerals and rocks; natural resources and energy; and fossils and earth history. The two types of GEO-logic teaching collections include:
• A Reference Set, which provides an overview of all topics and comes with a teacher’s guide
• Topic Sets, which provide greater depth in an individual subject area and include both a teacher’s guide and student copymasters
• Classroom Bundles, which provide 15 bulk-packaged samples included in the reference or topic set and 15 sets of any required testing materials included with the corresponding set
*Classroom Bundles are bulk-packaged and do not include display boxes, or teacher/student activity guides.
12 individually numbered samples, 1×2"
Rocks:amphibolite, coal (anthracite), gneiss (3), marble, quartzite, schist (2), serpentinite, slate, soapstone
Caution: Due to the nature of this product it may contain asbestos.