Samples of Minerals That Are Found in Rocks
- Developed by teachers and WARD's Staff Geologists
- Classroom tested for dependabilty
- Designed to save valuble planning and preparation time
Give your students a clear understanding of which minerals comprise major rock types. This comprehensive GEO-logic set of pure minerals will help students learn to identify and classify the minerals. A teacher's guide and student copymasters are included for the following activities: identifying and classifying minerals into chemical groups, understanding the role of minerals in forming major rock types, and the significance of important rock-forming minerals. The set is housed in a compartmented collection box.
GEO-logic is a unique, comprehensive series of teaching collections designed to assist both teacher and student in understanding basic earth science concepts through hands-on activities and carefully prepared teacher and student guides.
The GEO-logic system provides a modular approach to teaching and allows you to address broad curriculum needs for the study of minerals and rocks; natural resources and energy; and fossils and earth history. The two types of GEO-logic teaching collections include:
• Topic Sets, which provide greater depth in an individual subject area and include both a teacher’s guide and student copymasters
• Classroom Bundles, which provide 15 bulk-packaged samples included in the reference or topic set and 15 sets of any required testing materials included with the corresponding set
*Classroom Bundles are bulk-packaged and do not include display boxes, or teacher/student activity guides.
16 numbered samples, 1" x 1"
Minerals:augite, biotite, calcite, chlorite, dolomite, garnet, gypsum, hematite, hornblende, kaolin, labradorite, magnetite, microcline, muscovite, olivine, quartz