Indicative of Various Sedimentary Formation Processes
- Developed jointly by experienced educators and Ward's® staff geologists
- Classroom tested for dependability
- Designed to save valuables planning and preparation time
When students study the well-defined samples of sedimentary rocks in our GEO-logic set, they will begin to understand the processes by which sedimentary rocks were formed. A teacher’s guide and student copymasters are included for the following activities: categorizing sedimentary rocks by origin, settling and layering, and sediment transport using a stream table. The set is housed in a compartmented collection box.
GEO-logic is a unique, comprehensive series of teaching collections designed to assist both teacher and student in understanding basic earth science concepts through hands-on activities and carefully prepared teacher and student guides.
The GEO-logic system provides a modular approach to teaching and allows you to address broad curriculum needs for the study of minerals and rocks; natural resources and energy; and fossils and earth history. The two types of GEO-logic teaching collections include:
• A Reference Set, which provides an overview of all topics and comes with a teacher’s guide
• Topic Sets, which provide greater depth in an individual subject area and include both a teacher’s guide and student copymasters
• Classroom Bundles, which provide 15 bulk-packaged samples included in the reference or topic set and 15 sets of any required testing materials included with the corresponding set
*Classroom Bundles are bulk-packaged and do not include display boxes, or teacher/student activity guides.
12 individually numbered samples, 1×2"
Dilute HCl (bottle)
breccia, chert, coal (bituminous), conglomerate, coquina, dolostone, gypsum, limestone, sandstone, shale, siltstone, travertine
Caution: Due to the nature of this product it may contain asbestos.