Students examine evolutionary adaptations for seed distribution with this kit.
- Activity Employs NGSS Life Science DCIs
- Students Observe How Plants Improve Offspring's Chance for Survival
- Pre and Post-Laboratory Assessments Included
- Enough Seed Sets for Ten Setups
- Estimated Lab Time—Part One: 15 Minutes, Part Two: 45 Minutes
Students observe physical properties of various seeds and draw correlations between structure and dispersal strategies, such as wind, animals, and water, as they investigate the various methods plants employ to optimize the survival of offspring.
The kit includes a teacher’s guide, a student copymaster, and enough seed sets for ten setups.
Ordering information: This kit includes seed sets, clear plastic containers, simulated fur, and a tape measure. A desktop electric fan, a timer that displays seconds, and a pan, basin, or bucket are needed but not included.